Installing new motherboard into Zeepro

I just bought a Zeepro Dual off of ebay. And long story short I broke the original motherboard. I installed Ramps 1.4 board, but im having some trouble getting the stepper motors to be calibrated correctly. Also I cannot get the endstops to work properly. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Marlin Firmware?
Usually installing a new board into a printer is not a big deal but it’s a trial and error when it comes to wiring and checking if the endstops are on/off

Google for RepRap printers and you’ll find tons of stuff for that!

For the stepper calibration (steps per unit and so on) have a look at the ZIM Marlin configuration.h:

#########################################
EDIT: It would be nice if you could take pictures and post your progress here as I guess some others will run into the same problem in the future!

Thank You for the fast reply. I tried 201 but the steppers seems to be having trouble moving,they also produce a very high pitch sound.Do you have any advice for that? Im going to try and adjust the pot on the drivers and see if I can get it working.

6.80 Steps per mm seems to work but that doesnt make any sense.

Still can’t figure out the end stops but I got my first prints.

Check if there are jumpers are unter the drivers - had a similar issue where the steps per unit suddenly did not match the mm on my print (a jumper had a bad contact).

If this is not your issue maybe your wiring of the steppers is incorrect (had this too when I built my RepRap): best you can do is the trail and error till you get a good result (or ask Google again :wink: )

Well thank you. I found out the issue. My printer was printing fine at 6.7 mm per step but it was really loud. I come to realize from the picture you posted that I didn’t install any of those jumpers. Now it’s so silent haha

1 Like

Well, that’s what I’ve expected: The firmware says you need 201 steps per mm and there is a 32 incremet microstepping: so 32 * 6,7 is pretty near 201 steps.

Please post fotos of your conversation to the new board for others!

Hello there.

As I fucked up the USB port solding (the board is still functionnal but the USB won’t function), I’m interrested by your board switching. Could you provide a complete “how to”, please? That would be great! :slight_smile:

Thank you!
Chris.

Thats exactly what I did to be honest. First what I did was buy this https://www.amazon.com/OSOYOO-Printer-Controller-Stepper-Heatsink/dp/B0111ZSS2O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474822364&sr=8-1&keywords=3d+printer+controller Then I reverse engineered it to hook up to the ramps board, its pretty straight forward if you have any questions just ask. I dont think ill have time right now to make a whole tutorial but I can give you my firmware settings which will help out alot.

How have you managed to plug in the sockets into the board? Cutted the wires and installed standard 2.54mm sockets?
Yesterday I discovered that my 2nd extruder doesn’t warm up at all and I definitely know that the failure is on the board (do not get 12v out on the pins of extruder 2)

What board are you using?

So far I’m using the original ZIM board but I guess I have to change to a Ramps 1.4: same as you and same on the picture with the jumpers! :slight_smile:

Don’t use the cheap Ramp 1.4 because Zeepro board has a over current protection you might mess up the motor with its default stepper driver unless of you are using TMC2130 OR TMC2100. nobody test TMC2130 OR TMC2100 because they are very expensive but its silent. If somebosy use it on zeepro that would be awesome if they post it.

Did you change to a Ramps 1.4 ?
I am also interested to change it but I need some photos and tutorial to do it.

i installed Azteeg X3 if you need any help

Completely silent sounds interesting. To make it more silent would be great.
But I thought the stepper motors noise could not be eliminated.
But I dont understand your “very expensive”. For example digikey lists TMC2130 for 4,80€ and 5,33€ for TMC2100.
What am I not getting here?

A nice and complete How-to would be really fantastic. :clap:

1 Like

Mine is almost completely silent and I used just the ramps 1.4.

@fbinabri I am interested in your setup. I need to replace my ZimBoard. Same reason as above and the Azteeg X3 looks promising.

@PixelGrowth, @fbinabri Did you use the zims drivers? If so did you have any issues?

@everyone If anyone has pic’s to help with the upgrade of your ZimBoard please share.

Thanks everyone.

Could you maybe please post a Video of some printing operation?
Maybe “silent” is different for everybody.