Installing new motherboard into Zeepro

Heres it running. You might be able to hear my refridgerator running in the background.

1 Like

I will post mine once my driver will arrive and i bought a shark fin fan too. The total expenses is 43 dollars, $35 for 5 pcs TMC2100 silent driver anycubic brand just search it on ebay and $8 for 80mm ZALMAN shark fin fan for driver cooler. But any sugestion how can you silence the extruder fan its hard to find the motors . I am currently printing a dual color mode and it is noisy like my server thats why my printers are in the other room.

This is the finish part print for 13 hours , the support its hard to clean for its a lot but on the process it should be fine

1 Like

Can someone steer me in the right direction on how exactly you power this? Do you reuse the zim psu, or do you buy a new psu and mount that inside the zim?

Yes I used the zim psu

Did you cut the supply and just connect the wires? Also, can you reuse the stepper drivers or do you have to buy new ones?

I cut the wires. And yes you can use the stepper drivers too.

Thank you, I’m waiting for a ramps board to arrive in the mail

I’m working on doing a conversion to RAMPS this weekend. Your settings would be an awesome headstart if you could send them to me. If you want to email them to me, my email is my screename @gmail

Wait, why are folks going ramps 1.4? They already have a ramps 1.3 compatible board in them. Whats the gain here? I mean unless you toasted yours

I thought I had fried the board when I was removing the USB port, but I just messed up the solder points for the port apparently. I used your FlashNGo firmware, and it seems to be working ok, I haven’t run a test print yet but the Octoprint connects fine so far. If not, I’ll be having to replace the board with a 1.4 board.

does anyone know if there is a way to repair a Zim motherboard? Is there any hope of repair?

It may be more trouble than its worth. Save yourself the headache and buy a ramps 1.4 and arduino 2560. You can get the two of them on aliexpress for about $10 for both

Well, even with me burning the leads when de-soldering my USB port, flashing the A10 board worked. Ran a couple test prints last night and had adherence issues, but the software is working fine.