Distortion of my 3D prints

Hi,

I have an “updated” Zim dual extruder with Octoprint running, but still with the stock firmware. I need to update it using Jpod fork, but I don’t know how to do it (I need to search).

The printing process is working globally great after tweaking a lot the settings in Simplify3D. I need to compare with the other profiles available on the forum with what I have. But my prints are distorted on the XY plane. If I print a cylinder, I don’t have the same value on X and Y, creating an ellipse.

But this ellipse is rotate by 45°, then it’s not just a strict X or Y scale change…

I looked at Simplify 3D, but I cna’t find any setting about that. Is it related to an hardware issue?

Thank you !

Read through this thread.

Thank you for this link. I need to do a deep look since it’s a long thread, but my belts doesn’t have backlash at least.

Try moving your gantry around by hand when the motors are off. See if you feel any resistance in a particular direction. If you are not already doing this, try printing with the top cover off, and remove the curved cable deflector completely and try some prints like that.

You might also check the stepper driver current limit settings for all motors.