How to adjust current limit for a single extruder stepper

Hi all, I’ve created another quality video tutorial :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: on configuring the current limit of the extruder stepper drivers. As Winston pointed out in a previous post, these are configured from the factory to current limit for two steppers (lower filament feed and upper extruder feed). This means they will have the current limit set double what it should be for a single extruder stepper. If you’ve removed your lower steppers, or never had them in the first place (like my mono I converted to a dual), then you may find this useful: Configuring Extruder Current Limit for Single Stepper Motor

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’m in this situation…

Haha, the :beers: were priceless. Thanks once again for putting together an awexome video @jpod! Exactly what I needed.

EDIT: For documenting sake, My E0 and E1 driver were both set for 450mV and the rest were 250mV. Also the large exposed pad on each driver is also GND, so that made for an easy to hit reference point without having to lift the drivers out of their sockets. Great tip on using the positive clip on the screwdriver!

@jpod how did you go about converting it to a dual?