Custom hot ends for the Zim

Yep, that’s the one.

Quite easy to manufacture.
At the beginning I was using a modifed old plyer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Mine is expensive because I requested a Specific strong steel. I am assembling 20 nozzles :blush:

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to take a few moments to update you guys. I manufactured another batch of hot ends for stock which are now available on 3dprintermods.com and Amazon, so there’s no threat of lack of availability. I should have sufficient stock to last quite a while.

I’ve made a thermistor repair kit available for purchase on 3dprintermods.com. The kit contains everything necessary to replace a faulty thermistor. As always if you’d rather send them in for repair you may do so.

Thanks!

Alan P.

Both conversion ktis work well (after changing the thermistor :wink: ).
Really great would also be an adapter set with this BSB thread to M6 so we could also use our old heater blocks but with new (standard) nozzles.

1 Like

“Really great would also be an adapter set with this BSB thread to M6 so we could also use our old heater blocks but with new (standard) nozzles.”

I had initially planned to simply make a conversion kit for the Zim stock heat block, however after some thought I shelved the idea due to the fact that there were no other replacement parts available. The replacement hot end is a more versatile solution and can be easily replaced if there is a failure. If I had simply made the adapter like you are suggesting, the Zim would be reduced to little more than a door stop if the stock heat block were to fail.

There are a very limited number of Zims out there and with zeepro gone, the printers days are numbered. I made the Hot ends because I have that unique capability and empathised with everyone else who got the shaft when zeepro folded, I’ve spent more than I’ve taken in making these parts (and I did it all myself). Replacement parts for the Zim will never be a money making endeavor due to the sheer limited number of printers that were ever made. But I did it because I knew nobody else would and somebody had to.

2 Likes

Well, at least I started (bought Aluminium and did CAD work) to create the same you did: blocks with M6 in it but bought a pair at your shop as it was the fastest way :wink:
The main idea behind asking about adapters was that i have 6 (or 8?) original ZIM heater blocks in my repairshop.

Hi Guys,
Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to let you know that our Throat pieces are now 33mm Long. The new throat pieces will fit your Custom Hot ends and eliminate the need for the spacer piece we’ve been shipping with the latest Hot Ends. The New 33mm Throat piece fits with the same Factory tolerance the original hot ends provided.

Our Hot ends have come a long way since we rushed them to you guys 10 months ago. The new longer throat piece is the last item on our journey to create a reliable replacement Hot End for the Zim. All previous issues have now been resolved.

Hello
I just received the New heater blocs for the ZIM. It is the latest design that haven’t been launched by Zeepro. .
the new shape create more distance between the heater bloc and the blower duct :slight_smile:

Il can glue the Heater cartidge and the thermistor. the Same as Zeepro glue. or deliver it separatly.

My Friend B-Fastr will soon put them on his website :wink: Let me now your interest we are going to receive also a new batch of nozzles.

4 Likes

Hi. Is this solution still feasible or is there any other new solution to this problem?

The Heater blocks That are sold by my friend are lie that

http://www.bfastr.com/shop/category/3d-printing-accessories-5

the site is online again

Just pulled my Zim back out, was actually a beta tester from Kickstarter way back then. I was wondering if you still had any more of your custom manufactured heat blocks. Would save me a ton of time. thanks

@Insomnia @Nightmare Any chance you still have more parts?

I just received 20 Nozzles
Anyone interested ?

1 Like

Yes, I will take 6 or more depending on the price!!!
I was trying to get these before!
Perry

I would also be interested in 3, do you have a price in mind?

34€ + Freight costs.
I am not doing any business on these parts. It is the price I paid them (manufacturing custom duties transport).

Just wanted to publicly thank you, Nightmare, for shipping my brand new nozzles, and helping me get it all figured out. You are a good man!

1 Like

You’re welcome :wink: hope you will your new nozzles.

HI
Do you still have the hot ends ?

yes you can contact me PM