ZeePro 3D printer with PC (Repetier-Host) - USB connection download and initial setup

Hey guys, hope you guys find this step by step first time setup to connect your Zim printer with your PC via USB somewhat useful.

Special thanks to a few community members that have been helping, maintaining and contributing to this forum! jPod, MartinKing, tookys, and Insomnia.

1 Like

Thank you winstondon, MartinKing, Jpog and all other community members !

1 Like

Thanks Winston, great post and video!

Hey everybody, have anyone get the left fan to work with M106 S225 in Repetier-host ?

My first attempt to print after power on the printer and power on the computer, it does all except print.

• heat up bed
  • heat up extruder
  • it raises the bed
  • tests ends on x,y,z
  • lowers the bed
  • cools down the bed and extruder

After connection reset and next print attempt it does the same and prints fine.
Am I missing a custom G-Code command in the start script or somethnig else?

winstondon: my fan is working fine with these commands.

Hey 3D, are you saying that it doesn’t start the print?

I noticed that if I slice with cura_engine it doesn’t start because the g-commend included a wait for heated bed temperature, once I delete that line it would print.

Strange, the fan is working with a 9V battery…T_T but when I hook it up with the extruder block pcb it doesn’t move at all when I type in the g-code.

I have a heat bed.
So everything is heated up and positioned correctly.
But when it should actually start to print, the bed lowers and heating is switched off.
But its not really finished, because my stop scripts are not being run. That is what I do not understand.

After the connection reset, the same G-Code works fine. Its just the initial run that just forgets to start printing somehow.

But if its just me…I still don’t understand where the error could come from. I hoped it would need some extra G-Code in the start script, that the connection reset does…or whatever else.

As I had connection problems or cable problems with my head motor, maybe checking all the connections that lead up to the fan, wiggle or replug them changes something.

1 Like

After looking at the G-Code and response here is what happens:
RECEIVED: T:224.1 E:0 W:?
RECEIVED: T:227.1 E:0 W:10
RECEIVED: T:227.1 E:0 W:9
RECEIVED: T:226.5 E:0 W:10
RECEIVED: T:225.8 E:0 W:10
RECEIVED: T:223.1 E:0 W:10

It keeps at waiting 10 and 9 and the temperature drops, after reaching the set temperature and starting the countdown.
After a connection reset and just pressing “print” again, it correctly counts down to 0 and starts.

And no, its not because of the waiting time. Without the countdown it simply stays at
RECEIVED: T:227.1 E:0 W:0
or
RECEIVED: T:227.1 E:0 W:?

Is it really only with my device?
Could it be some timeout thing?

1 Like

I’m finally connected with repetierHost, I load bundle preset downloaded on other post “WW_ZeePro_config”.
But I have 2 problems :

• When I start print, it turn on bed temperature then nozzle (not both in same time)
  • How to force right nozzle ? It always print with left one even if for my object I noticed my right extruder

thank you guys

right nozzle is extruder 1 in repetierHost, I was confused because i set right to extruder 2

Hmm, seems like you both have the same issue with the heat bed. I am not sure, because I don’t have a print bed. could it be a firmware related G-code setting for the heat bed? I wonder, because the head bed was an add on thing, so ZeePro could have added a custom M command.

I have a heated print bed. And its the same behaviour with Repetier, Simplify3D or Octoprint:

• first heat bed and wait until it reaches temperature
  • next heat nozzle

What you can do to speed things up: manually set the temperature for both, wait for temperature and then press print.

I guess i figured out what happened.

my start G code (on custom G-code settings) are :
M203 X192 Y208 Z3
G28 ; home all axes
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle

But if I analyse G-Code after slicing, I got :
M107
M190 S110 ; set bed temperature
M104 S215 ; set temperature
M203 X192 Y208 Z3
G28 ; home all axes

So slic3r added automaticaly :
M107
M190 S110 ; set bed temperature
M104 S215 ; set temperature

M190 : Wait for bed temperature to reach target temp

I gues the wait is important so that it does not try to print until temperature is reached.
But I wonder how you could heat both parallel and wait for target temperature.

One idea would be to heat bed without wait and then extruder, as it takes longer to heat.
But how to implement that into Slic3r?

if i understand correctly you need all temps to start heating at the same time and then wait till they reach yes?

if so use the following commands:
M140 Sxxx (to set the bed temp)
M104 Sxxx (to set extruder temp) T0
M104 Sxxx (to set extruder temp) T1
M109 Sxxx (to set extruder temp and wait) T0
M109 Sxxx (to set extruder temp and wait) T1
M190 Sxxx (to set bed temp and wait)

these commands will start the heaters all together and then wait for them to reach the temp.

Hope it helps

1 Like

thanks,

here my start Gcode which seems to work.

M203 X192 Y208 Z3
M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature]
M104 S[first_layer_temperature]
M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature]
M109 S[first_layer_temperature]
G28 ; home all axes

But I’m not sure about M190 then M109, does it means M109 is not call until M190 reachs good temperature ?
What happend if hotends reach temperature before bed ?

your start code will start extruder and bed heaters at the same time and if one will reach it will stay till the other reaches, and for your question they will stay at the set temperature till the bed reaches the set temp

Thanks, so it is exactly what i’m looking for :smile:

your welcome :smile:

Could someone explain how to configure dual extruders with repetier host and slic3r ?
Actually I configured

• repetier host with 2 extruders.
    Extruder 1 : rightExtruder
    Extruder 2 : leftExtruder

• slic3r
    . printer settings capabilities : 2 extruders
    . filament settings : I have 2 presets : ABS and PLA
    . print settings : multiple extruders all set to 1

On repetier, I choose my object with 2:leftExtruder
And in slice menu, I choose Extruder 1 : ABS and Extruder 2 : PLA

When I sliced, repetier seems to slice with Extruder 1 : ABS filament settings…
So it print with my right extruder

I don’t know if am I really clear… but to simplify my question how can I use my left extruder ?

thanks guys

hey eric, did you try to use extruder 2 in print setting for slic3r?
I pretty much had similar question, I think in slic3r 1 is right, 2 is left.