Silicone Heat pads w/ hardware 4 SALE!

I mentioned having heat pads for sale in the past, I now have them available. They arent a perfect solution so I wont boast to much and most of the idea came from other users, especially KingMartins post on heat beds (which is HERE)
Ive been messing around with the relay. Bought a cheap solid state relay… poor choice. A standard 12v bosch style relay is recommended!
Anyway! Heres the deal!

1x 12v 150mmx150mm w/ thermistor 150w
3x 4Mx50mm mounting screws
1x 6 pin male pci-e connector w/ 6 pins (only need 4)
1x Quick connect/disconnect 2 pin power terminal
(I have 4 female USB solder mount ports for those that request it during purchase)

All for only $20 + $6 shipping!
Only through Paypal and I only have 9 available.

Click HERE TO PAY ME :grin:

I will post the resources for others to gather the items themselves if I sell out.

Downsides!
I was not able to find a budget friendly supplier for 1/8" 8"x8"
aluminum plate, which is needed for install. A guy sells some on eBay
here but it truly is a remnant piece and any similar metal plate
will work.
Requires extra PSU. I am using a pc PSU to power my
board and heatbed.
Have to crimp the PCI wires your self. Id do it with my pin crimping tool but it is best done on your own.

Upside
Easier bed adjustment with bed screws made from this DESIGN. Adjust on the fly!
Print with ABS and other materials.
PLA definitely sticks!

I will post pictures but if you have any questions ask!
Thanks

1 Like

As I told you! :innocent:
Mine is still not on the ZIM as I’m a bit perfectionist (temperature fuse on the bottom of the heatbed; disconnectable via banana plugs, perfect routing of the cables,…) :pensive:

1 Like

I would be interested in one of these. but I have a couple questions. It looks like you have to resolder things onto the Ramps board? Will it work with the power supply from the original bed power supply that came with my zim?

I think the relay is so your not pulling the power through the ramps, does this bed draw more power than the existing heated bed? If not can’t you just plug it into the board the way you plug in the current heated bed?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions I am not great at soldering and don’t want to break my board so am looking for the option that requires the least amount of modifications to my zim.

You can try. I think I read that the power supply was about 100w-120w. Itll work until its eventually over stressed and kicks the bucket. The other problem is you couldnt have a relay connected, which is something I would wouldnt do on my own but would love to see the results on another printer :laughing:

Its the desoldering thats tough, if you have desoldering braid, a solder sucker or a desoldering iron it makes it much easier. Or do what I did and snap off the connector, use pliers to individually remove dismembered pins, then drill tiny hole through solder on board for replacement power connector. Albeit barbaric its solid.

I will order one and when it gets here I will see about hooking it up with a relay. I will keep you guys posted with how my upgrade goes.