Many problems and questions on ZIM

I got my zim recently, and guess my zim has some problems.

1. Temperature control
    When it is printing sth, the temperature readings increased up to 230-40 and decrease down to 170-80 even if the set point was 200 or 210.
    so i guess that interfere the printings because there were a bunch of melted PLA which might be overflowed from nozzle.

2. Firmware update
    As a solution for the problem 1, I will upgrade the firmware of my zim because it’s currently v1.1
    so I am trying to find the firmware file on the Zeepro web.
    Doesn’t Zeepro offer the firmware anymore? I found a URL link on the website, but it didn’t work.
    URL link : http://repo.zeepro.com/image/last.zip

3. Fan problem
    When the left nozzle is operating, I think the left fan have to work, but always the right fan is working.
    Is it normal? or is there a problem on the board?

4. Purchase of spare parts
    I am also trying to change some parts(including heater block) becuz they are weakened, but I couldn’t find any parts for sale on the web.

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!
Let´s see:

1. The temperature for PLA is normally 180-200°C, depending on the type and Brand of the Filament. You´ll have to find out wich temp is good for your filament. The sudden drop of temperatures could be an issue of the software or a common issue with the cooling fan that cools the heaterblock by mistake. @3DPrintEvangelist and I have tried some protection shields for the hotends, that work good enough.

2. @Insomnia has collected most of the original firmwares, mybe he can help you with that. (Although I would highly recommend you to switch to Octoprint. Prevents lots of frustration. Look Here

3. The left fan is used for the “auto cooling” option. I would recommend you to have this turned on. The right fan starts automatically at 60°C and cools the stepper motors in the Printhead and the Filament until it reaches the hotend.

4. Spare parts… bad news: There are nearly no spare parts available. One Exception is the heater block assembly. @Insomnia made some good heater blocks to work with the cheap standard Makerbot nozzles. Take a look HERE

So, If you have questions, just take a look in the forum, we solved a lot of common issues of ZIM.

I am very sadly but strongly considering selling my printer. I would be open to parting it out, or if somebody wants the entire thing that could be fine too… is there a good place to post?

Thank you for your kind reply and explanation.
I will try to follow your recommendations and ask you some questions.

So, I bought my Zim after ZeePro went under intentionally based on the community (that and I got it super cheap :smile:). It seems that although the original company going under was unfortunate, it’s led to a very cool DIY ethos taking over. I’m pretty sure that similar to @insomnia’s work to create hot end replacements and there is someone else doing 3rd party heated beds, and someone else doing an improved Z-axis; that when/if there are common issues, someone will step up and create a solution.

I think there is still life in the Zim left, but like all ‘consumer’ electronics it has it’s life span. Since ZeePro is dead and not producing new products/innovations at some point people will start to move on and the community will decline slowly. But I think that’s a little while out still, personally.

That being said, for now, @J_Schmidt is right, do the OctoPrint upgrade to reduce reliance on ZeePro. If there are spare parts you’re looking for, post here to the forums and see if anyone has what you need.

Good luck!

Hi if you are selling parts i am willing to buy the camera and both the heater blocks with the nozzles also both the fans.

Thank you

i would be interested in buying the whole thing. you can part out the stock heater blocks and the bottom filament extruders but id like the rest of it.