Hot end not heating up

just moved printer into a different room and started using the simplify3d host to run it instead of octoprint. worked great, got a couple of prints done on it then was printing one last night and right after it finished i took the part off, put on new tape, and loaded up the next file to print. i do what i usually do and watch the start of a new print to make sure its sticking and it started the first layer so i left it alone to do its thing. when i come back half an hour later its printing mid air. i looked at the machine info on s3d and it said the hot end was 40c. so i kill everything, reconnect the printer to s3d, repitier, and octoprint. it connects perfect, moves perfect when i tell it to, commands work, except when i try to heat the hot end. it stays at the same temp. the thermistor is working because it shows on the screen and i also held my hand on it to raise it up a degree to see if that was the problem, its not. like no power at all to heat up the element. any suggestitons?

Try checking the resistance through the hot end. If it reads as open then you probably have a broke element and need a new heater block. If it gives you a resistance you could try checking the voltage being output by the board it should be 12 volts.

Yes First try checking the resistance of the heat cartridge on the heater block.
@scientsit434 if the 12V is dead the stepper won’t move also.
this means you need to try to do some movement to verify if the 12V sypply.

I would say verify the head cnnector. as you moved the Zim a little shock and ou lost a contact on this shitty connector.

found the problem, it is the heater cartridge. took the hotend apart and trying to repair it, hi temp silicone is drying now.