Heated Bed Arrived

My Heated bed and enclosure arrived today. The bed is quite thick and comes with a gauge and instructions on lowering the Z axis stop to accommodate the added thickness. Unfortunately, mine can’t be lowered enough to make the thick platform fit under the print head.

UPS says mine should be here Wednesday. I will try installing mine and let you know if I have the same problem. If you find a fix let us know so those of us who don’t have ours yet don’t have to do it twice :wink:

It’s only a temporary fix, but I used a little bumper, the kind used on the inside of drawers to keep them from closing hard and stuck it to the top of the platform slider.

Well, my temporary fix for the Z axis worked great, but surprise surprise, the heat bed doesn’t. There’s no heat coming out of this thing. Ugh! :unamused:

Mine arrived also. It required setting the z-stop screws all the way down, and also the bed leveling screws down a bit, but it did fit with a bit of adjustment room to spare on the bed leveling screws. No heating problems here. It heated right up to ABS temperatures (110 deg C) and printed some ABS at 235 deg C, so it appears to be working with no further modifications.

I can already say the smell of printing in ABS is going to require some venting, but pleased my Zim can now do it.

:smile:

Mine fits, Like Jpod I had to put the z-stop screws all the way down and then also lower the adjustment screws most of the way but they still have a little bit of adjustment.

Haven’t managed to test it yet as far as heating, I had to let the Zim update its firmware over night hope to test it tomorrow.

Also Zeepro didn’t send me a power cord to go from the power brick to the wall. Luckily its just a standard pc power cable and I an extra one laying around but they should send a power cord. Am I the only one who got shorted the power cord?

No, I didn’t get a power cord either, but like you said it’s a standard computer power cable. I might have been able to adjust the stop all the way down and bring the springs all they way down to get it installed, but I won’t. I’ve had far too many mishaps where those springs were the only things keeping the platform from falling off the printer. If I adjusted them all the way down, I would have about 1/8" of clearance and the springs would become very stiff and rendered almost inoperable. Of course this is all just academic since my bed doesn’t work and all I’ll I’ve gotten from Zeepro is a promise to get back to me eventually.

Does anyone noticed slow response of Zim since heated bed is connected ?
import model, Slicing, launch print take more seconds/minutes for me

I did not notice any speed difference with the heated bed. You may want to try a different model as a test. I’ve noticed the external slicer can be very slow when slicing some models, even reverting to the internal slicer after uploading.

@eric I was printing over the weekend with no problem. Today I went to slice a simple model I had printed this weekend, and as you said it was extremely slow to upload, and slice, and even to start the print after the slice was complete. I’m not sure what is going on, but it could be that we are just now finding out what happens when Zeepro’s cloud slicer starts having issues due to whatever might be going on at Zeepro. One thing I can say, it has nothing to do with the heated bed. I have a non-heated bed Zim and it was also slow.

jpod is right, if prints are taking long to slice, it’s most likely that cloud slicer is down. That would be bad news for everyone. Zeepro is unresponsive to the point that I would venture a guess that nobody’s home.

So I received my heatbed today.
Looks complete to me with powercord and instructions.

And now for the task to build it into the Zim :anguished:

And after my first print attempt it works :slight_smile:

I got my heated bed a while back, I also had to bottom out the stop stop sensor all the way down, and the spring screws also had to be set almost all the way down.

I finally got around to troubleshooting the issue with my non-functioning heat bed. My findings were more shocking than surprising. It seems the heated bed itself is not the issue. The power supply that shipped with the heat bed had the pins improperly powered. The connector they used on the heat bed power supply is the same 4 pin corrector they used on the main power supply. the pins On both power supplies, are energized right and left. On the power supply that shipped with my unit, the pins are energized top and bottom. Positive on top ad negative on the bottom. This shorted out the power supply, which fortunately for me had a protection circuit which prevented the improper voltage configuration from destroying my Printer.

Just when I thought I had seen the extent of Zeepros complete lack of QC. . .

Wow. Yeah, lucky that didn’t burn up the pcb. On mine they were very clear in their instructions that the heated bed power supply was different than the printer supply and they were not to be swapped. Guess what the power supply labels say though with regard to current, voltages , etc… They are identical. Seems to work, but they probably sent me the wrong supply also, in my case just a regular printer one they had laying around :slight_smile: Zeepro!

I received the exact same power supply for my heatbed as with my printer.
Strange to say in the insctructions to never switch the power supplies.

By the way, did anyone receive those free filament cartridges (one free cartridge for every originally ordered cartridge), that where offered for compensation?

That probably explains everything. The power supply I received with the heated bed was a lower amperage rating. which is the reason they instructed everyone no to switch them. The pinouts are the same on both, the only difference is the power supply that they meant to ship, the one I received was of a lower amperage rating. Not enough amps to run the printer itself. Looks like I just got luckly lol.

@3DPrintEvangelist, Zeepro never shipped the extra cartridges or the redesigned cartridges for that matter. Truth is, I hate those damn cartridges anyway and they can keep them.

I am not missing the cartridges either :grinning:
The idea seemed nice at first but quickly lost any positive property.