Extruder drops temp for no reason

After using repetier host (tethered to PC via usb) and octoprint (via raspberry pi) I can rarely get my printer to start printing. I can control the printer fine with each method I use, just won’t print sometimes. That I can deal with and figure out later. But when I do get it to print the temperature drops in the middle of a print. Sometimes it starts heating again and stays the right temp sometimes just stops completely causing me to cancel the print. The only thing I can think of Now is maybe a loose connection. I’d like to keep the plug ins but would soldering directly to the board fix this? Never had This problem before I started using 3rd party software.

From what you are writing it seems to be only software related and not hardware related.

Did you check all your settings? Or simply try one of the posted configurations?
Maybe double communication timeout settings.

I tried to setup settings as best I could from all the info I got researching. Watched all the tutorials closely. I’ll check for the timeout setting you mentioned, I never even thought about that. Thanks for the input.