Disconnecting original controller board and physical hook up for an Octopi

I am sure this has been discussed at length on the forum somewhere but I have not been able to find it. Could someone please point me in the right direction for the steps to unhook the original board?

My Raspberrypi is set up for Octoprint by following discussions here, but I am unsure about how to access the Zim’s electronics for disconnection and hook up the pi.

Thanks very much.

I followed this post. My Zim is now up and printing again! Here are some tips that might be helpful:

• I taped labels to all of the cables as I removed them, then desoldered and removed the plugged up USB connector and soldered on a new one, then put all of the cables back following the labels.
  • I think you need to disconnect the board on the left or the USB connection on the board on the right doesn’t work.

I tried OctoPi but in the end went with Simplify3D and my PC. OctoPi was very useful for checking the USB connection was working when I had my printer half open on the workbench (ok, kitchen counter) though.

Hi. My Zeepro Zim is on the way. Can someone please help me on how to get it working. I know how to remove the usb port, put octoprint onto the raspberry pi. etc. But don’t know what to do after that.
Can i print from sd card?
Can I use both extruders for dual color printing?
Should I use the original filament cartridge system or take the filament out of the cartridge? And if I go wth the latter, what changes should I make?
This will be my first 3d printer but I am tech and computer savvy. Please, any help is appreciated.

Thank You