Custom hot ends for the Zim

@eric I’ll have international shipping options up after the weekend. Thanks.

Yep! Waiting for internacional aswell!

International Shipping is now available! I haven’t had a chance to fully test it, so let me know if you run into any problems.

Hi imsomnia everything seems fine, but considering the size of the parts do we really need to pay shipping twice?

And does it come with nozzles? This is looking good! Zim by zeepro Tuned by Imsomnia…

@Pedro,

You should only be charged shipping once. Please email me a screenshot of the page you’re seeing so I can look at it. It’s difficult to test international shipping as there are so many different destinations and every one has a different zone.

Each hot end comes complete and is ready to use. The individual nozzles and throat pieces are for spares or replacements.

Thanks. I just bought anyway. You can see attached that i paid twice shipping.

@Pedro, That’s the international first class mail shipping cost. It’s higher than the domestic rate. It’s correct. Thanks!

Perfect then! And thank YOU!

is there a source for .4mm nozzles that will fit this hotend? just in case i wanted to print at lower resolution to pick up some speed. or maybe use a .4mm nozzle for infill and .35mm for exterior.

@Insomnia I have just ordered mine.
Great work! Thank you from Japan.

You are amazing, thank you for the work you did to have these created. I’ve placed an order for 1 of each but I’m wondering does the hot end come with all the pieces in the picture? or will I need a nozzle & the throat piece?

These M6 (6mm thread) nozzles are standard and you get them “everywhere”.

I ordered 10 pieces dirctly in China as a 0,2mm version together with 10pieces 0,3mm and 0,4mm drills: I drill them on my own (VERY easy by hand!)

Just an example:
http://de.aliexpress.com/item/With-Tracking-Number-5pcs-lot-3D-Printer-Nozzle-Mixed-Sizes-0-3-0-4mm-0-5mm/32381884129.html?s=p

I chose these nozzles because they are about as standard as nozzles get. Same goes for the throat piece. They are both 6mm threads.

@madaman13, The hot ends are complete and ready to use. No additional parts are needed.

@mtbf0, You can get them on Amazon, Ebay, or 100 other web sites. They usually sell in quantities of 5 or more. I’ve also made the ones I use available on the web site.

Thanks!

Thanks Insomnia, looks like I was to slow ordering the left nozzle is out of stock. I will check back in a few days and try to grab my self a pair.

Thanks!

@scientsit434, I should have more available tomorrow. Thanks!

I thought I’d share some pictures with you guys of the Hot ends being made. Quite a bit of work goes into the making of these seemingly simple parts.

“Cookie Cut” 48 pieces cut out of a single block of aluminum.

“Pocket Mill” 6 pieces at a time getting the pockets for the Thermistor and Cartridge Heater.

“Back Face” The final cut, Heat Blocks getting the back side face milled, 3 at a time.

In the next part, I’ll post images of the assembly.

Very nice Insomnia! Received mine this week and they look great. My current hot end are working, but I’m debating swapping them out anyway because the new ones simply look like a better design.

Good looking CNC setup. Is that a Tormach pcnc1100? I’ve got a cnc converted Little Machine Shop X2 in my garage, but would love to have something like that instead. I already use the R8 to Tormach converter so I can use those great little Tormach tool holders. :grin:

I have cnc capabilities and will assist with the machining if you do not have access to a mill. And no I will not more than costs for Zeepro owners.

Should have looked at all of the posts first. This problem seems to be taken care of.