Zeepro OpenEdition

Hi Folk!
As coobx we’ve decided from beginning of the Kickstarter campaign to support the Zeepro project. So we’ve founded them, sent them a lot of money and received some more or less working printers. By the way we also don’t have anymore contact with the company and believe all is out of business… Anyway - we’ve still approx. 15 - 20 printers (dual) in stock and believe us, it’s not sellable as it is!
For that reason we just thought about what to do and want to know if you would be interested in the following:

• Dismounting all cartridge system
  • Mounting Spool holder for two spools on the back
  • Bringing the filament directly to the print head from the top
  • Updating Firmware to an Open System with external Slicer (Slicr, Cura,…)
  • USB / Wifi / Ethernet connection
  • Camera support not guaranteed
  • Do a manual Switch for the Filament transport
  • Integrating a proper heatbed
  • Bring all necessary infos on github or similar incl. software, STL Files, etc.

Generally we see, that the mechanics of the printer is in comparsion to many other available systems really good and has big potential for makers and DIY people.

We would retail the OpenEdition incl. all changes for approx. 850 - 950 Euro (with Heatbead +150 Euro).

Let us know what you think about :wink:
Thanks for your feedback!

I would have to find all the threads but pretty much all of the stuff on your list has been done by various people on the forums. For the firmware and control most people have gone to octo-pi which gives a partly working camera and allows either internal or external slicing. There are some 3D printable spool holders on in one of the threads around. Not sure about a manual switch for filament transport but everything else is done. If I get a chance to find the threads I will update this post with links.

You forgot the most important part: heating element and nozzle and with it a different method to level the two nozzles

1 Like

Thanks for your kind feedbacks! We’ll think about how to do it best to achieve a perfect working printer!

I think the big win here would be for someone to start making replacement parts. Most of the software limitations have already been corrected by the community. For me, the number 1 concern around my Zim is what to do the next time something breaks. The hot ends are the only part that someone has come up with a solution for.

Yep. Most of the palstic Parts can be printed, but the next Weak spot is the zimboard. If it breaks, your only alternative is switching to a arduino and RAMPS board.

Everything on the Zimboard is repairable (if you have electronics equipment), and we have a BOM and gerber files and schematic posted in the Zeepro github repo. But yeah, for most people that’s not really a good option if their Zimboard goes down.

I would be interested by a original Zim and a heater bed. I will handle the modifications. what price would you sell it to me ?

Regards.