Unclogging Nozzle

Can you tell us how you made it. I see that it takes the nozzle apart, what are those pins?

Also, are those new teflon tubes? Where did you get them?

I have a few zeepros that I would want to make this for.

THANKS

Wrench is printed by PLA, infill 90%.
Inserted 4 piano-wire which are 1mm diameter.

Seems I confuse you sorry.
Parts of nozzle in that picture are not spare.
I am also trying to find spare nozzle but I canā€™t.
Seems no items anymore.

Very nice wrench design @SuFu. Once you take this apart, can it be cleaned with a solvent? Did you need to warm it up first or just open it with force?

I have a set of these pliers which are really only handy for things like this. Fortunately Iā€™ve never had to take one apart yet, but I do have one thatā€™s completely clogged in a baggie.

Thank you for comment.
I put nozzle into small bottle of Acetone a few weeks (maybe too much) after take this apart.
Acetone does not solve PLA completely but leftover inside nozzle become softer, easier to clean.
I think it was difficult to take this apart at first time, but succeeded after soaked with acetone.
I apply black-grease (molybdenum) on thread a bit and assembled, for easier disassemble next time.

By the way, to avoid clogging, someone said that it is good to push filament in and immediately pull it out whenever you finished printing.
like following, extrude 50mm and retract 150mm immediately.
G1 E50 F200
G1 E-150 F1000

I set this kind of command like following.

whole of script is following;
M1200
G90
M83
T0
M1200
G92 E0
G1 E50 F200
G1 E-150 F1000
G4 S10
M1201
M82

1 Like

To unclog, Iā€™ve always used the method where you heat up the nozzle, then retract the filament first, remove filament tube, and jam a piece of piano wire (spring steel) down in the nozzle to force the tiny blockage out. The wire is approx 1.5mm or so, just to force the PLA through. I always thought it was created by dust or particles that turn the PLA into a little chunk which is not easy to pass without much force. Iā€™m not sure if retracting every time when done with the print would solve that; wouldnā€™t there still be filament in the nozzle?

Thank you for comment.
Yes, you are right, I also agree.
There still be filament in the nozzle.
I am still not experienced about 3D printing, maybe I am wrong but I havenā€™t encountered clogging problem (for now) .
Before I follow this recommendation, I encountered clogging a few times.
Just an info.