Switching nozzle with octoprint

Hi, i just put my hands on a Zim dual nozzles and setup Octoprint.

It’s great for the moment, but i wonder how can i select the nozzle for printing (by default it seems like it’s the tool 0, the right noozle).

The right one is stuck for the moment, i would like to try with the left one which is working on manual extract.

Hi!
You can´t switch the Extruders for programs in octoprint, due the toolnumber (=extruder number / nozzle number) is defined in the g-code. Octoprint can´t override the comands from the g-code. If no tool number is defined, octoprint uses number 0, which is the right extruder.
If you want to use the left one as default instead, the easiest way is to switch the connectors on the zimboard, so that the software doesn´t know about this. Don´t forget to switch the connectors for the nozzle heaters, too!)
Another way might be to set a T1 command at the very start of the program, but you´ll have to try if it works.

Also have a look at this document or at this website

1 Like

The way I do it is I slice for tool 1. I have a profile in my slicer for left (t1), right (t0), or both that I select when slicing. I use simplify3d, so I’m not sure how to do this in other slicers, but the gcode is what determines the nozzle to use, not OctoPrint. Good luck!

yep i agree with Jpod
use Simplify3d it saves you from unplugging wires or any hardware tinkering
Select the Tool 1 or Tool 0 in the Extrusion section in Simplify3d & then generate the gcode & make sure you have the right spool in the right tool & for your info Tool0 is the rt & tool 1 is the left one

Have fun printing