Stock bed movement resolved

I was getting annoyed at the prints looking bad due to the bed wiggling around and the recommended placing of a piece of foam between the frame and glass just wasn’t cutting it. I scored a box of random springs from tractor supply and used 3 larger ones to apply pressure between the magnetic plates and frame to stabilize it. frankly, it worked better than I expected so I recorded a short video to show what I did. should do the trick before i replace it all with a heated bed, but for now it will definitely help.

guess i was a little over optimistic: i’d say it alleviated about 85% of the movement… there is still movement when things are printed past the cantilevered end so it didn’t resolve everything. its much better though so guess i can live with it for now

Good idea… additionally, try playing with the acceleration and jerk settings, lessening those reduced shaking a bit for me, too.

I reduced the movement by screwing the three screws in the frame all the way in and adjusting the upper endstop to match the new position (a tiny bit over the bed, so you can loosen the thee screws a little bit to level the bed.
Works also preety good, and you gain about 3 millimeters of height (although I never printed a part this high)

2 Likes