I kept getting the annoying jam where the filament would get caught in the heatsink and wrap around the stepper shaft, so I took both stepper motors off the head and I’ve replaced the left stepper with a E3D Titan going bowden. I’ll add a second Titan for the right stepper eventually, but my nozzle is toast so I’m not able to use that side anyway. The PTFE bowden tube mating with the hot end tube is sort of haphazardly rigged up right now, but it works. I also finally removed the bottom steppers and trays completely and I retuned the drivers. Holy cow, this thing is ultra silent now. I am also thankful for ZeePro’s weird bottom tray setup because I somehow managed to bork the stepper connector at the head, but the bottom connector works fine. The dang thing doesn’t shake like crazy now as well. I was concerned about removing the steppers from the head because direct drive is so much less headache than bowden, but so far the benefits of the lighter head outweigh dealing with the issues that come with a bowden setup.
My next step is to print a spacer that will fit below the top coupling so that the bowden tube can feed down and fit directly over the ptfe tube in the hot end.