So I bought a brand new Zim Dual and

…and then I saw that Zeepro has shutdown the whole stuff.

Hello there! I bought an unboxed Zim Dual for some bucks, I wasn’t aware that Zeepro has ran out of business. So I’m here with my Zim which is barely printing.

First of all, I already stopped using the cartdridge system, the constant jammings were a pain in the b*tt. I found some models on Thingiverse allowing me to use 1kg PLA spools and the Zim definitely working this way.

BUT! My software is outdated. I’m already using OctoPi with some other printers, but I was unable to properly cleanup the USB port located on the back of the Zim, so I bought some on AliExpress, waiting them to be delivered. They will arrive in some weeks so since then I’d like to update my Zim anyway. My software is 1.2 and the firmware is on the 1.1.0.3 branch. I wonder how to update all of this since the Zeepro’s images aren’t available online anymore. I found a Dropbox full of img files and the jpodius’ GitHub but I didn’t found a proper way to use them.

Some help would be very appreciated. Thank you!

This is the how to for it, use the rooted version or the jpodius version. I use the rooted version at 1.8.4…

Hello @radford.will, thank you for your quick reply! :slight_smile:

Is the post you quoted safe? Its title says it all, I don’t want to mess my Zim. :smiley:
I’ll give it a look, thank you for you help! :slight_smile:

Hi! :slight_smile:

Just to let you know that I successfully upgraded my Zim with the rooted @jpod’s version. I’ll take a tour of the new software. I wonder if it’ll slice faster etc. The slicing was very slow with the previous software.

So the Zim has an internal storage unit? What’s on the master SD card?

Thank you for your help @radford.will, that’s very appreciated! :smiley:

Regards,
Chris.

sd card has a “blank” image that needs to be backed up sometime for your safety. The slicer is still the same processor.