Replacement Print Bed?

Glass print bed shattered during a print (knocked off the mount). I’ve searched the forums and found some posts from a few years ago about making a heated bed, but I just want to buy a replacement glass bed that won’t warp / deform.

Any advice?

Thanks!
David

Oh noes! To get back up and running, this might be just the right size. You’d just need to glue/epoxy the magnets back on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borosilicate-Boro-Glass-Print-bed-RepRap-3D-Printer-Mendel-Prusa-i3-213x200mm-/111590878029

The original print bed has a size of 200x200mm. If you use blue tape or kapton, you can also use a piece of Aluminium

I guess that’s the post I created.
You really should upgrade to a heated bed, my Zim works perfect after upgrading to it: no warps, no lifted edges,…

1 Like

Thanks, I edited my post for something closer to that. I had the printing boundary dimensions in my head.

I’d like to try that with PLA actually. Works great for ABS. Would you recommend Kapton tape for PLA as well?

Hey @kingmartin, which heated bed did you get? The original sim heated bed is hard to find now. Any way to diy a heated bed from the silicone one or something? How did you do it?

The standard MK3 beds you get everywhere (just google it, the’re not expensive!) but with a cupboard isolator underneath
There is a Aluminium plate which is mounted through the 3 holes in the ZIM z bracket and 3 adjustable srews which end in 3 wood thread inserts which are glued (high temperature silicone!) onto the heated bed.
The white isolator glued on the printbed is not used: thought about installing a temperature fuse but never finished it…

Wow that looks nice. I would love to do that. I really want to print in abs or other stronger materials. Can you please give me a list of the parts you used. I think I already know which bed you have. But the other parts, I dont know.

I do not have a list and no links too: I live in Europe so it wouldn’t make sense to give you links as the shipping costs would be too high.

It’s not a big deal: just search for my post where I describe the wiring via a cheap automotive relais.

Hi…i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the standard MK3 beds you get everywhere but with a cupboard isolator underneathThere is a Aluminium plate which is mounted through the 3 holes in the ZIM z bracket and 3 adjustable srews which end in 3 wood thread inserts which are glued onto the heated bed.