Reducing the noise

hello
i was wondering if anyone had any cool mods to decrease noise?
post pics pls
i was thinking to maybe make a foam core enclosure with a window and a fan or two
any suggestions?
thanks

If you still had the box it came shipped in, you could pop that over the top and maybe mount two 120mm fans on it. I bet that would work pretty well. Seems like a pretty decent fire :fire: hazard though.

Or, use 1/4" blucor foam sheets and hotglue them together into a box shape, with fans. Then paint it with acrylic paint whatever color you wanted. I just placed a sheet of this in front of my machine and it cut down the noise a bit. I’m sure a full box would be pretty sweet.

On the Zim, the noise comes essentially from the Head blower.
Zeepro had lot of heat issues on the head so they used a 350mA 7000 rpm fan to dissipate the heat.
At the end they found that heat was generated by the steppers and not by the heater blocks ! they solved this major issue by software.
This means that the MICA protective sheet is useless. :slight_smile: (so it can be removed…)

Actually to reduce the Noise you could just replace the Head blowers by using regular 100mA blowers.
YOU WILL NOTICE A REAL DIFFERENCE :slight_smile:
You could also modify the software but the real solution is to put the correct blower.

ATTENTION

this modification work for the original heater bloc and nozzles. The modified nozzle system transfer lot of heat to the extruder block so you should continue to use the high CFM 350 mA blowers. Zeepro Original nozzles link the extruder block by peek material (isolating) the modified nozzles link the extruder bloc with metal tubes that conduct the heat…(Idon’t know te heat energy transfer of this solution)

You should also replace the left blower because it is really too powerful and when you power it your heater bloc is not able to reach its nominal temperature. ‘sic’. You can reduce the speed by soft. but I think that changing it would be better.

The second source of noise is the Zimboard. we can change the complete fan system. I would like to use a big blower instead of the original FAN. This project was also planned by zeepro team for the next manufacturing batches.