Printing Support

Has anyone been able to get something with a lot of support to print? I’m trying to print this model

And I have had no luck. I can’t get the support layer to stick it just keeps catching on the head and getting ripped off. Anyone have any advice? I think it would work if I could get it to print a solid first layer but I can’t seem to find a setting to tell the printer to lay down one or two layers that are solid first. I tried a raft but it only lets me go down to 1mm spacing between raft lines which still isn’t close enough and they rip off.

After some work I have gotten support material to print by using pillars as the support type. However I can only support PLA with PLA. I can’t support PLA with PVA because they won’t stick to each other. Which ever material is on the top ends up stuck to the printer head instead of the base layers. Does anyone have any idea’s on how to print with PVA?

No advice, I’m curious to know what you and others are finding out. I bought a PVA cartridge but haven’t cracked it open yet. It’s interesting (but not surprising I suppose) that printing with PVA might not be quite as easy as Zeepro showed in the kickstarter videos. :smile: