Printer head won't heat up when trying to prime/ print

When I try to prime the filament or print an object the printer head stays at like 27°c and just sits there not doing anything. But if I go into extrusion_control I can manually set the temp and it heats up like normal. Is this a software malfunction? Or do I need to exchange it. Please help I don’t know much about these things and just got it in the mail yesterday and no one at zeepro has answered my phone calls or emailed me back

What version of firmware is running on it? Look in the About menu.

Could also be a cable that has come loose during shipping.

I had the same issue a few weeks back it was the cable connected to the circuit board on the head assemble was loose and during the print would lose connection. I ended up having to hold it til there was sold connectivity then hot glueing the connectors together.

So it would heat up manually but when you just click prime it wouldnt do anything? Thank you very much I’ll try this when I get home. Also so far I’ve had a terrible time getting ahold of customer support until I threatened to give them bad reviews so be careful of you ever need to contact these people at the company

the firmware version is 1.1.0.13

I actually returned mine since I had to spend so much time tryign to troublehoot all their issues I decieded Im going to get the flashforge dreamer in the near future. But once I figured out that it was a loose connection on the head assembly cabling I made sure all the wires were working correctly based of the “/extrustion_control…” option on the zim web interface then once I saw the temp was working again and the head was getting hot I hot glued the loose cables with a nice glob so they wouldnt move around and loose connectivity.

Sounds like you got this resolved just by power cycling your machine a few times? I was going to suggest that actually.

Also was wondering if you had Software 1.8.2 right away or if it had updated to that automatically during your several power cycles.