Left Fan Problem

I had my first jam, and full disasembly of the head for my Zim. Surprisingly a fairly straight forward process except for finding 2 of the bolts stripped. I realized after putting back the fan and warming up the extruders that the left fan wires were touching the hot end on the side, and melted the wires in a few spots. I pulled it off when it cooled, and it ran fine. I went through the PITA process of calibrating everything again and put on the head cover. Thats when the left fan stopped completely. I tested the left fan in the right fans port, and it works. I then tested the right Fan in the left port, and no-bueno.

I guessing I either shorted the board, or something else. Everything else seems to work. Any ideas?

check the solder points on the fan plug socket. It’s not uncommon to find A cracked solder Joint. You’ll have to use a meter on the points on the back side of the board and check for voltage.

Insomnia,

You were right. I wonder the pcb being so close to the hot end had anything to do with it?