Left Blower is dead

I’m facing a other issue. My left blower melt…
I really don’y know how, I guess it had hit my heater during printing.

I did a support ticket, I hope I could get a new one.

I was thinking of design a new one. I noticed on some prints fans blow in front / left / right sides but no in back.
So on details prints, back object are not well as other sides.
I thinking to design maybe this kind of blower :

I’m a beginner of CAD soft so if someone want to think with me how to do it, it could be great :smile:

My Blower outlets are melted everywhere and I know others have the same problem. It seems a design and material fault.
And that with only PLA printing with 200 degrees. I wonder what would happen printing ABS at 245 degrees.

My 3D design skills are basic so I am not able to design a replacement or improvement.

I hope someone is able to design one.
Please :smiley:

I confirm, with ABS at 230°C and heated bed my right blower melt too…
It is a little bit complicated to print now :smile:

Hey, I design a blower in order to replace mine melted…
This is some works to do because there are some mistakes but it is functionnal :slight_smile:

Have fun

3 Likes

Here are the stl files for the original Zim blower design. I got the files out of Zeepro before they stopped talking to everyone :smile:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Cm-i4gQrm0fldLdC0tdXZsNzJhVk02MnZtM0lCa0JuWUxmNFd3TXZ0amlCb0VpelhKVmM&usp=sharing

Before both of the extruders crapped out on my Zim I was going to print the bower pieces in PLA and then cast them out of aluminum by using the printed pieces as an investment. I still plan on doing this but I first need to find the time to build new hot ends and get everything back up and running.

1 Like

Wow. Thanks a lot eric and rnordell.
I am going to try both :slight_smile:

I have tried 30 times, with different settings and orientations, but failed every time to get the original blower design printed in ABS.
The ends of the blower outlets start curling upwards and after some more layers get ripped off.

Has anyone been successful?

Or could someone share their G-Code or generate a G-Code that would definetely work?
Pretty please :blush:

I uploaded my zimBlowerV03 in thingiverse.
I use it for few month now, it seems better than older version.

2 Likes