Joining the fold

Hi all -

I know this is a low traffic list, but I am hoping someone notices and can give me some info.

I picked up a ZeePro off of craigslist… I am trying to get my head around it still. I am experienced with printers so little of this intimidates me. I have been reading up on the forums- you all have been a busy bunch over the years.

I am trying to understand what functionality one gets by jailbreaking the unit.

I am capable to try putting armbian on the cubie board and putting octoprint on it, but wonder what functionality I would loose with the other onbaord hardware.

Also, what is the thought/status on nozzles and heat blocks?

It seems like it might be easy to convert these to Mk10 teflon lined heatbrakes or similar.

I look forwad to someone’s hopefuly sooner reply.

sinneD

The Zim is not useable without jailbreaking. From what I understand, before Zeepro company shut down, the process was all server based so the Zim had to connect to their servers and use their slicer, etc. Also had to use their filament, which was a big headache. After waffles’ jailbreak, we can use any filament, any slicer and send gcode to octoprint for printing. The Zim was really ahead of its time. Dual extruders, dual hotends, wireless functionality, auto shut down, camera, beefy aluminum frame, and looked amazing. I think it still does look pretty nice. Anyway, I like the idea of the mk10 heat block. But would it be possible to use the one with the all metal heatbreak instead of the teflon lined one? My Zim still has the stock hotends and nozzles. But would be nice to change out the heatblock and heatbreak for some that are actually available. Also, since the Zim has the cubieboard, would it be possible to put Klipper on it. I’m not that knowledgeable on 3d printers software side, but it would be nice to bring the Zim back to life. I use my ended 3 pro mostly for now. I know it will probably take forever to get a reply. But hopefully not.
Thanks