Interesting flexible printing material

Hey ladies and gents

There is an bio friendly flexible printing material on kickstarter. What’s everybody thought about it? Pretty neat :smiley:

So far it seems like we only have flexible resin materials with SLA and DLP printers, would be awesome if this works well!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bioinspiration/flexible-compostable-resilient-3d-printer-filament/description

The problem with flexible material is that you need to have the stepper directly on top of the hotend -> should work in the ZIM therefore!

BUT: I consider the teeth of the ZIM as far too flat to be able to transport a flexible filament through the nozzle: at “standard” printers you are able to control the pressure which is applied onto the filament and also there are better gear teeth which grab the material better.

Next to my ZIM I do have this xBot printer which is shown on their Kickstarter campaign: it has incredibly sharp teeth and therefore there is absolutely no dobt that this printer can grab the filament correctly (but it’s a bowden printer…)

I may be wrong but I do not think that flexible materials will print well! :confused:

1 Like

There are many interesting materials available and constantly new ones are released.
I find PLA HT the most interesting. But these special filaments are said to be much more problematic to print with than ABS.
So I did not dare so far.

I have NinjaFlex and another Flexible Filament from another brand here. I have not tested it so far, because I had no project yet and don’t want to open the vaccum container.

More special filaments are great I think. But it depends on the price and especially on the printing properties. If its difficult its useless.

Wow, its expensive. I feared that.

And its from Berlin, Germany. I like it already :smile:

1 Like