How to desolder the usb port

Hello I’m a new user of the Zim zeepro and a beginner in 3D printing. I tried to get the printed mat out of my zim USB port but it seems the I have failed in doing so. I’m thinking of changing the mother board all together or change out the port at least. Please help I’m quite lost with where to even start. Do I need to change out the A10 board for it to start working? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Bach_Nguyen_Viet, welcome here!

You have multiple choices: use the Zim “as it” with WiFi or Ethernet cable. That’ll do an acceptable job. However, the best option would be to enable the USB port and plug the Zim on a Raspberry Pi with OctoPrint on it. You can use a small drill to remove the plastic from the original USB port but you could damage the port itself. Or you could buy a spare USB port and solder it in place of the original one.

In any case, the A10 board can stay in place.

Regards,
Chris.

If you could post a photo of your USB Port, we maybe could tell you if you could still make it work or if it´s better to remove the port and resolder a new one

Thank you for your fast response!I might have messed up my USB port while trying to get it out. My long term plan is to use the raspberry oi but for right now I would like to at least trying it out :confounded: do you guys have any tips to set it up with Ethernet I tried Wi-Fi and the network keep not showing up . Thanks again