Heater Not Heating

Im not sure who still checks this forum but here it goes. Awhile ago I replaced the zim hot end with a newer and better one. The new heater blocks are superb and worked for a few months. The problem is now it isn’t heating. I have checked and I DO have continuity through the heater. Does anyone have any further diagnosing advice or know what could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Probably obvious, but what is the reported head’s temperature ?

If there is a short with the termistor, reported temperature could be more than 1000°C, so fromm the zim point of view, no need to heat :slight_smile:

Another one to check : have you got still continuity on the PCB from the soldering point of the heater’s to the other soldering point of the heater’s connector on the PCB ?

I got the same issues on multible printers I have and so far it ALWAYS has been an issue with the thermistor.

Sometimes the thermistores are glued with a very hard material so that the cables (or the glass bubble which is outside the termo-element) breaks.
I ordered 10 thermistors and replaced everyone and glued them in with a soft high-temperature silicone: no hassle ever since! :innocent: