Fans Decibels (dB)

Hello,

Zim is my first printer, I don’t know if my fans decibel are too loud or it is the same with other printer.
Zim On : the noise looks like my old computer with old fans and a lot of dust… With my smartphone app decibel, near the printer (1 meter) I notice about 40dB.
Zim On printing : with head fans : 50dB.

I could understand when zim is printing but when it is not printing the noise is too annoying to me…

What about yours feedbacks ?

Eric

ps : I live in a small appartement, I can’t move the printer in a nonliving room.

Can you see into the head enclosure to see if either of the two head fans are running when the printer is idle and cool? They should both be off, but there is still a fan in the bottom that runs. I think it cools the electronics.

I’ve noticed a few times when I cancel prints that the print cooling fan (the left one) doesn’t turn off. I sent a ticket in and they will be fixing this in a future software update. For now, if you see that the print fan is still running you can either restart your zim, or according to zeepro “go to /extrusion_control and send a M107 command to zim (using the gcode tab)”.

Only right fan one runs during printing, even after printing…
Left one does not run at all.
I guess bottom runs.

I tried to send a M107 command but nothing append…

I will ticket them to known how to manage fans other than M107 command.

Mine is a bit noisy as soon as it is turned on, the circuit board fan turns on right away. The extruder fan turns on when the extruders reach some temperature (around 45C I believe). I asked about the second extruder fan from Zeepro a while back. Their response was as follows,
"The left fan turns on with a M106 command which is created by the
slicer only if in the presets you have the “Enable autocooling” flag at
“ON” (OFF by default).

You can tun this fan ON in the /extrusion_control page by sending a
M106 Snnn (nnn being a number between 5 and 254); You switch it off by
sending a M107 command."

I’ve confirmed this works as described.

I guess to the original post, there is no way to make the Zim all that quiet, especially while it is printing. Mine is loud enough I do not leaving running late at night, and it is in a different room, on a different floor. I can still hear it.

The Circuit board is a little noisy but the blower on the head is really very noisy.
It is a 350mA ultra hight flow blower. At the origin they put this blower due to a overheat problem.
Meawhile they solved the overheat issue but kept this noisy blower. It is possible to replace it by a 100mA blower that turns at lower speed and less noise.

If needed I could try to source you the blowers