Differences between the Kickstarter printer and the retail version

Zeepro Team, @ZeeproMH
While I could see that the frame is looking great, I’m still a bit uncomfortable about the “invisible parts” of the printer:

1.what will we exactly get as backer ?
2. what are the differences between the Kickstarter machines and the retail machines (mechanical/electronics) ?
3.what are the tech specs of the printer in regard of 2) ?

I think it’s very important for you to be clear upfront about these points. Maybe even worth a Kickstarter update :wink:

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Details will be provided on Zeepro Kickstarter pages via future updates.
We hope that our backers will understand that we prefer to use
“private” pages on KS when it comes to sharing details on what is coming.

Still, You can be very confortable when it comes to the three questions you ask :wink:

Thank you again !
Michael.

1 Like

Hello ZeeproMH,

I’m looking forward to the next Kickstarter updates ! Looks like this forum is going to be really useful, once we get the printers :slight_smile:

@ZeeproMH : Any news on this topic ? We are a month away from the stated backer units delivery, and I guess I’m not the only one who would like to know if we will get a top-notch-best-in-class printer/software and not an outdated paperweight with cobbled together software.

We backed in october last year for a march delivery, but since the technology progress isn’t slowing down, there are now offerings which look better than your if we look at the features/price ratio…

I fully understand that you prefer to use “private pages” on Kickstarter to discuss this, however nobody from Zeepro is responding to the questions the backers ask there… Updates are deployed, but with no further interaction from the team. That’s pretty unfortunate, to say the least.

Any news on this topic ?

That said… there have been many very nice updates on kickstarter. All of them have been private, which is unfortunate for generating general interest in the Zim… but I understand that Zeepro is very committed to making their backers happy first. Then they can turn their attention to shaking the foundation of the 3D printer market with a great new machine.

@Fprint, I would expect nothing less than the specs that were originally stated on the main KS page. They have kept the look and construction materials the same… only deviating slightly from the original extrusion design. So far everything looks amazing, and the printer always sounds super quiet in most videos that have been posted. The retail version is surely going to be the first printer to get some kind of upgrades… they may be minor fixes that were unknown at this time, with all new products there are bugs. They may also be feature enhancements, or cost reductions at the expense of the highest quality (hopefully this doesn’t happen). Either way the retail version is going to cost a lot more than the original backers paid… so I’m not going to be too heart broken if let’s say for example retail versions come with an improved extruder. That said, and feature enhancements or bug fixes should be offered to backers at a super low price. We are still the best group of people to beta test everything; real hands of real consumers :wink:

@BDub: Yes, the construction and material quality seems great, at least on the pics of the Kickstarter updates. The things they show on the pictures looks great, but for instance it bother me than we didn’t see any zeepro software screenshot.

quote=“BDub, post:6, topic:67, full:true”
Either way the retail version is going to cost a lot more than the original backers paid… so I’m not going to be too heart broken if let’s say for example retail versions come with an improved extruder. (…)
[/quote]
I dont’ have any problems about an improved extruder as long the original one works perfectly. (= as long the improved extruder isn’t there because the original one is stripping filament like crazy, or isn’t working optimally).

I’m not that sure anymore that Zeepro will be able to raise the price for this printer, even more given the fact that this printer uses cartridges which are usually not considered by the potential buyers as a wanted feature for this kind of devices.
The market price for printers dropped quickly, there are now much more offerings about to hit the market in this price/quality segment than in march (Robox or CraftBot, for instance).

quote=“BDub, post:6, topic:67, full:true”
That said, and feature enhancements or bug fixes should be offered to backers at a super low price. We are still the best group of people to beta test everything; real hands of real consumers :wink:
[/quote]
I agree, maybe even for free (or very,very low shipping cost).

Actually there is a recent video of them using the Zeepro app to control the printer. It looked nice and simple. I do wish they would show more of it though.

Yeah this is just a hypothetical situation, but I have every confidence that the original extruder will work great. There are lots of parts of the machine though, so time will tell which parts wear down faster than others. Hopefully they are doing some accelerated life testing on some of the first units.