Cost estimate for phone app/desktop

I’m planning to make my zim be open for use at my local makerspace. I am going to ask people to donate money towards the printer to help cover the cost of material. Is there currently any plan for the phone app to have a cost estimator for the print? This i think should also be set up to use our own prices if we use our own material too.

I don’t think it’d be possible to set up a option of requiring payment in order to print is there? lol

Hello Tookys,

Very good questions/suggestion, thank you.

I just checked with our software team, please see the answer below:

“Effectively, we didn’t plan any cost estimation, but after each slicing we can get the needed plastic volume therefore the weight (and the price) could easily be calculated.
Except that, for the moment, this information is not planned to be shown anywhere…”

So the answer is , for the initial launch the feature won´t be available, At a later stage maybe something the team will add, it depends on management/marketing.

I will keep this in my mind and come back to you if there is any update.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks.
Michael

@ZeeproMH Apologies for not looking through the documentation as of yet, but since the Zim is open-source can we assume that there is an API that enables the web interface to communicate with the printer, and is it accessible to developers?