Connecting Used ZeePro

Hi, I just purchased a used ZeePro. Note: I have used a ZeePro before so this is not a question about making the WiFi connection.

I cannot get past the registration point where one sets up an “Account”.

After entering User Name and two Passwords it comes back with the word “error”.

Of cours I cannot continue to printing?

Is it because this ZeePro is used and already “Registered”?

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

GE

If you are trying to use official Zeepro Zim firmware, it’s likely dialing home where nobody is going to pick up because the company Zeepro is no longer around unfortunately. Most users are converting their Zim’s to use OctoPrint running on a Raspberry Pi 2. Check out this tutorial (really the whole thread is kind of an ongoing tutorial) OctoPi Tutorial for Zim

There are a lot of different ways to do the slicing (slic3r, cura, simplify3d). Read through the latest posts and see what’s been going on lately to get an idea of what most people are doing.

I just helped a friend of mine take a brand new Zim out of the box and convert it to use OctoPi. We never even powered up the printer for the first time with the original Cubieboard and firmware. Just went straight to the OctoPi installation and had it up and running after a bit. If you have any questions about things, just ask on the forums here and we’ll try to help you out.

There is already a chat opened for that

You have multple solutions from simple to shifting on OctoPi solution.

take your time and decide on the option will go thru :smile:

For my side I am still using The Zim software and I am quite happy with it. SPecially when you can access to all the hidden functions

Hi, Thanks for the replies and support. After removing the “NeedActive.tmp” file from the SD Card I was able to get things to go.

However; I cannot get any head heat. It always reads 5 :frowning:

I check heater connection and resistance (~7 ohms) and temp sensor resistance (~ 80 ohm @ 78 deg F).

Any “Usual Suspects” I should be checking?

Like you I would like to keep the original operation and the shift to the Raspberry Pi as a “Personal Development” project.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on the heater issue.

GE

Is it a single or dual extruder Zim and are both heads reading 5? Mine only does that when the temperature sensor has a loose connection normally mine read in the 20’s or low 30’s even when the printer is off. I would check the connection to make sure its not a loose wire, also try putting your hand near the heater block after letting it heat for a couple minutes and see if it feels hot. (DO NOT TOUCH).

The main ribbon cable that comes up to the extruder has been known to have bad crimped pins. On mine I had two pins that had lost their locking tab so they would not stay in the connector and would work themselves loose. You can visually check that out first. Without removing anything though, I would remove the ribbon cable at the Zimboard and use an ohm meter to check the resistance of the heater elements and thermistors as they are seen down there, that way you are checking the entire path.

Schematic here:

Hi, Thanks for the suggestions;

I checked the cables from below. Had continuity. I now have everything working except (and a big “except”) I do not get power to the heater, but stranger, do not show head temperature (http://10.0.0.1/extrusion_control/) when I heat the head with a heat gun to 120 deg. or so measured with an IR temp sensor? It always shows “5”.

It appears that I have power to the main circuit board (Zimboard ?) so I suspect a software/control problem but not sure where to look at this point. Unless there is a fuse to the heater circuit that I cannot see?

Any suggestions?

There should be a 11A polyfuse (F1) in between the heaters and MOSFET that controls them. It’s auto resettable though, so it should be ok… but you should check that the MOSFETs are turning on (check HEATER0 and HEATER1 signals)

LED3 and LED4 should also be turning on, down on the Zimboard. If not you may have a +12V issue.

Power comes in here:

And is switched by the power circuitry here (exits top right):

If you heat the heater block with a Heat Gun and you read 5° on the interface. this means that the Zimboard do not receive the Thermistor information.

Or the Thermistor is bronken/Dead or you still have a connection issues on the head connector. Or a cable cut somewhere (generally on the thermistor cable).

You an also verify the thermistor connection. on the Head PCB. maybe a pin is broke,…

It seems that Zeepro have added 5) to the measure of the temperature. If you disconnect the thermistor you see 5° witch means no measure. (instead of 0 :smile: )

Also something to note, you should be able to turn the heater on without the thermistor measuring the temperature properly. Possibly though with the PID loop, no change on the temperature reading is noted as a error and the heater is turned back off quickly before you can notice a temperature rise (when you feel the heater block). So measuring the voltages on the heater circuitry will be a way to test if things are working there.

BTW, did you reprogram your Zimboard with the latest arduino firmware?