Build plate flatness

I went to level my build plate yesterday and noticed that I could get the corners right, but it seemed like the center was still high. It appears that my build plate is not flat. It’s not much, maybe 0.02-0.03 mm. Does anyone know a way to correct this, or is it something that I’ll have to deal with?

Can you place a straight edge on it to see if it is actually warped? Might need to get another from Zeepro if so. If it is warped, I know of a way to correct it, but it would involves firing it in a glass kiln. :slight_smile:

I find when calibrating the print bed, I’m finding the same thing, where the print heads scratch the paper spacer at the center of the bed, but not on the edges. I’ll try to sight it with a straightedge.

I noticed a similar issue with mine, and just kind of leveled the area I was actually printing off of. Seems to works well, but it would be nice if it was easier to level.

I haven’t necessarily had issues with this yet. I also haven’t printed anything overly large. Here are some pictures. The x-axis looks ok, but the y-axis is pretty bad.

Just thought I would update this with the resolution. Zeepro decided to send me a new build platform. The new one arrived with a slight chip out of one corner, but it doesn’t affect the print area at all. New platform is much flatter. I’m having a much better time getting prints to stick. The difference was quite noticeable. I might try to sand down the old one at some point using a friends table saw as a flat reference. We’ll see how that goes.