Any way to not use the cartiges

whenever i try to refill the cartridge ass soon as i let go it all unspools
any way to bypass the cartage and use a spool?

Lots of ways to bypass the cartridge. Search for Zim on thingiverse.com I printed a modification of the spool holder (longer part that goes into the spool, and later a shorter version of the hanger that attaches to the Zim). Also there are now several mods for the cartridge part. Lately, I have been just setting the bottom half of the cartridge in the machine so it will recognize the RFID tag, and feed the filament directly past the bottom motor. Once the top extruder motor has hold of the filament I have not had any issues with it alone pulling the filament through the tube.

1 Like

I also bypass with spool from thingiverse.
I use teflon tube (buy on Ebay) to slip filament into Zim.

Could you please link the Teflon tubes and the thingiverse file
Also how do you trick the sim into thinking that the diligent is loaded?

I didn’t trick anything, my originals cartbriges are loaded but they are empty.
I cut a small part and top of my cartbrige to let my teflon tube get in zim cartbrige.
I use my filament out of my teflon tube to slip into zim cartbrige system.

If your getting a filament load error by feeding directly into the top of the Zim just unplug the limit switch by the bottom feed motor and it will think filament is loaded.

Interesting how nobody seems to have all the pretty covers installed on their ZIms. Magnets missing and all just opened up for the world to see. So un-consumer like… :smile:

1 Like

I recently put my covers on because I had company over for a party! Printer not running currently, but at least it looks good :wink: However I still haven’t peeled the paper off of my covers… because they will scratch. So somehow brown paper is better =_=