A Message to Zeepro

It’s been over 3 weeks since I contacted support about an issue with my hot ends. My printer has been sitting unusable that whole time. A few weeks ago I received my heated bed and enclosure. The enclosure was extremely disappointing as what we were shipped bears no resemblance to the one advertised. The heated bed doesn’t work. I’ve sent additional emails to support with no response. The only response I got was one stating that Zeepro is a small team, etc. I can understand that, but 3+ weeks is ridiculous.

I’m not sure what’s going on at Zeepro, but I think it’s fairly clear that the company is struggling. At the very least, it’s struggling to respond to support inquiries, at the very most, struggling for survival. The Zim has a lot of issues. If Zeepro put as much effort into fixing the hardware issues as they have in dealing with software issues, I wouldn’t be writing this essay.

Since the beginning when I volunteered to be a beta tester for a product that was supposed to be consumer ready, I’ve believed in the Zim. The Zim is a well built, well conceptualized 3d printer. But it has a few design flaws that, without correction will prevent the Zim from ever being the consumer oriented printer it was meant to be.

I’m at the point where I can’t go on like this. I want to be able to use my Zim, but in order to do that I need a few replacement hot ends and a heated build platform that works. I really wish Zim would just send me the parts. They can keep the extra cartridges as I don’t use cartridges anymore anyway. I just want a new set of hot ends and maybe a spare set. These parts are not available anywhere but from Zeepro. I’d like them to replace my non functioning heated bed and I’ll improvise the rest. The screw points on the fan assembly that my print head housing attaches to are so worn that the screws don’t hold anymore. They just slide in like pins. The plastic is white from fatigue.

I think Zeepro owes us an explanation for what’s going on. I think they should be strait with us. We all know the printer has hardware issues. It’s no secret. But I’d really like to know what the future of this company is going to look like. Are they going to fix these problems are go on pretending they’re not really problems. If the latter, I fear there might not be a future.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve given up asking them for help and am trying to fix things on my own and with help from other people who bought this crappy printer. I wish you luck in your dealings with Zeepro.

As long as you’re able to solve the hardware issues on your own I would recommend to get rid of the Zeepro-board as you can simply operate your ZIM by unplugging the two wires running from the left electronic boart to the right.

Use RepetierHost, set it to 250000 baud and connect your pc via USB to the printer -> operate it as a RepRap if any support on the software side fails!